describe understanding the anatomical structures of the skeletal system
1. describe which of the following bones is part of the axial skeleton?
2. describe which of the following bones contains a sinus?
- nasal bone
- occipital bone
- zygomatic bone
3. describe which of the following statements is true?
- The first cervical vertebra is called the axis.
- The spinal cord protects the vertebral column.
- Thoracic vertebrae have long, thin spinous processes.
- The sacral vertebrae are superior to the lumbar vertebrae.
- Lumbar vertebrae are generally smaller than thoracic vertebrae.4.The opening in vertebrae for the spinal cord is the
- intervertebral disk.
- vertebral foramen.
- intervertebral foramen.
- spinous process.
5. describe the collar bone is the
6. describe a woman pinched her phalange. She hurt her
- toe or her finger.
7. describe which of the following statements about the femur is TRUE?
- The head of the femur articulates with the tibi1)
- The medial condyle articulates with the acetabulum.
- Both the greater and lesser trochanters are attachment sites for muscles.
- The distal end of the tibia articulates with the femur.
- The proximal end of the femur articulates with the tibi1)
8. describe the tarsal bone that articulates with the tibia and the fibula is the