1) Provide the symbol of SCS and also describe attributes with ON state and OFF state.
2) Provide the advantages of the gate triggering methods of SCR. Sketch the gate triggering characteristics.
3) describe the requirements of the pulse to trigger the SCR successfully.
4) Describe the dv/dt triggering method of SCR.
5) Design the circuit diagram of the UJT relaxation oscillator and give the expression for frequency.
6) describe the operation of PUT relaxation oscillator and draw its diagram.
7) Describe the triggering of TRIAC with the help of DIAC.
8) Describe the Turn off characteristics of SCR.
9) describe the commutation. Specify the types of commutation.
10) Develop the class A commutation circuit. State the condition of resonant circuit in it. Give one application of it.
11) Draw the circuit diagram of Class B commutation. describe the function of every commutating component.
12) describe the circuit diagram of the Class C commutation.
13) Design the class D commutation technique. List the commutating components. Specify the function of every commutating component.