1. What are the major differences between mitosis and meiosis?
Why is it necessary to have a meiotic cell division?
describe the difference between the C value and the n number.
What phase of the cell cycle does DNA replication occur in?
2. How many chromosomes are found in a normal human cell?
Define the terms "autosome" and "sex chromosome."
Name three ways that one can distinguish one chromosome from another.
3. describe briefly the stages of the reductional division in meiosis.
describe the process of crossing over or recombination. Include in your answer chiasma and synatonemal complex.
4. Genes and chromosomes behave in similar ways; describe what this means with regard to Mendel's principle of independent assortment.
5. For each of the following, give a brief description: