1) Describe how standard penetration test is conducted in field with the help of suitable figure. prepare down the different corrections to be carried out to the SPT data?
2) describe most important features of the good sub-soil Investigation report?
3) Describe the general principles of design of shallow foundation.
4) Draw the combined footing having longitudinal beam joining two columns 400 mm X 400 mm and 300 mm X 300 mm in sections carrying loads of 750 kN, 300 kN respectively spaced at 4.5 m C/C. The acceptable soil pressure is 130 kN/Sq.m
5) Describe the principles of design of raft foundation by conventional method in detail.
6) Draw the isolated footing support the column of size 450 mm X 450 mm. Column transfers in vertical load of 100kN. Take acceptable soil pressure as 130 kN/Sq.m.