1) describe different phases of the design process.
2) Describe the normal-stress theory of the failure and its limitations.
3) prepare differences between the keys and the splines.
4) describe why the hallow shaft has greater strength and stiffness than solid shaft of equal weight?
5) describe how a bolt is designated? Provide some of the exs.
6) Specify any two benefits of the welded joints.
7) describe any two significant applications of leaf spring.
8) When two concentric springs of stiffness 100 N/m and 50N/m respectively are subjected to an axial load of 750N, determine what will be deflection of each spring?
9) State any four benefits of the rolling contact bearings over sliding contact bearings.
10) Describe the co-efficient of fluctuation of energy in flywheel.