1) Describe the following terms.
2) describe briefly about the classification of dynamic errors.
3) prepare short notes on the following by giving an ex in each case
a) Taylor’s principle
b) Cosine error
c) Principle of alignment.
4) describe the following given terms in connection with the pneumatic comparators:
a) Overall magnification
b) Measuring head sensitivity
c) Pneumatic sensitivity
d) Indicator sensitivity
5) describe two different methods of testing flatness of a surface, stating advantages and limitations of each.
6) Specify the difference between the primary texture and secondary texture? describe an instrument which can be used to obtain a graphical record of primary texture.
7) describe briefly regarding the Laser Interferometers for flatness measurement.
8) Describe moire fringes and how these are utilized for accurate length measurement in details? describe how these can be used for angular displacement?
9) a) Describe what are all the significant characteristics of the co-ordinate measuring machines (CMM).
b) describe several kinds of accuracy specifications for CMM.
10) Describe the working principle of co-ordinate measuring machines in detail.