1) Sketch the circle diagram for the 5.6 KW, 400V, 3 phase, 4 pole, and 50HZ slip ring induction motor from the following data:
No load test: 400 V, 6A, cos φ0=0.087.
Short circuit test: 100V, 12A, 720W.
Ratio of primary to the secondary terms is 2.62. Stator resistance per phase is 0.67 OHM and that of the rotor is 0.185 OHM. Determine
i) The full load current
ii) Full load slip
iii) Full load power factor
iv) Maximum power and
2) Describe the construction, types and the rotating magnetic principle of three phase Induction motor.
3) Describe the construction, principle, characteristics and applications of the split phase type induction motor.
4) Discuss the construction, principle, characteristics and applications of the reluctance type induction motor.
5) Describe the construction and principle of operation of permanent magnetic synchronous motor.
6) Draw the speed torque characteristics and phasor diagrams of permanent magnetic synchronous motor and describe in detail.