1) V belt drive is to transmit 50kW in heavy – duty sawmill, that works in two shifts of 8 hours each. Speed of the Peripheral speed of belt must not exceed 24 m/sec. Draw the drive.
2) Draw the chain drive to run the compressor from 11 kW, electric motor running at 970 rpm, the compressor speed being 330 rpm. Compressor operates 16 hrs/day. Centre distance must be approximately 500mm. Chain tension can be adjusted by shifting the motor on slides.
3) Draw a spur gear pair to transmit 1.5 kW at 1450 rpm from the electric motor to the air compressor running at 720 rpm. Take the working life as 10,000 hrs. Material to be used is cast Iron grade 25 for both pinion and wheel.
4) Draw a pair of helical gears to transmit 30 kW power at a speed reduction ratio of 4:1. Input shaft rotates at 2000 rpm. Suppose helix and pressure angles equal to 25o and 20o respectively. Number of teeth on pinion may be taken as 30.
5) In the machine tool application, 12 various speeds are needed from 125 rpm to 450 rpm in output shaft. The motor speed is 630 rpm.
(a) Find out the 12 standard speeds in G.P.
(b) Design the ray diagram,
(c) Design the kinematic layout and
(d) Find out the number of teeth on gears to be used.