1) describe how transformers are categorized according to their construction?
2) Describe the material used for core construction.
3) How does change in frequency affect operation of a given Transformer?
4) Determine the angle by which no-load current will lag ideal applied voltage?
5) prepare down the arrangement of stepped core arrangement in a transformer.
6) describe the function of transformer oil in a transformer in detail.
7) prepare down the difference between power transformers and distribution transformers.
8) prepare down the properties of an ideal transformer.
9) prepare down the condition to be satisfied for parallel operation of transformer.
10) What are various losses occurring in a transformer?
11)(a) Describe the principle and operation of autotransformer in detail.
(b) Draw and describe the no load phasor diagram of a single phase transformer.
12)(a) Deduce the emf equation of single phase transformer.
(b) A 120kVA, 6000/400V, Y/Y, 3-phase, 50Hz transformer has iron loss of 1800W. Maximum efficiency occurs at ¾ full loads. Determine efficiency of transformer at
(i) Full load and 0.8 pf
(ii) The maximum efficiency at unity pf.