1) Distinguish between the random error and systematic error.
2) describe the null method of measurement.
3) describe the term nominal size and tolerance.
4) Specify the difference between the comparator and measuring instrument.
5) describe what is meant by the roughness and waviness of machined surface?
6) Describe how the straightness of surface is assessed in workshops.
7) Describe essential conditions for interference of light waves.
8) describe the difference between the length and flatness interferometers.
9) prepare down the differences between the numerical controlled CMM (NC – CMM) and co-ordinate Meaning Machines (CMM).
10) Provide all the benefits of the CMM.