Please provide the procedure for this experiment so that i may conduct it properly using the acid, substrate, and enzyme. Thank you.
Design experiment to describe how an acidic fluid will modify the outcome of an enzymatic reaction.
Materials you may need from your lab kit:
a rule with centimeter markings
plastic beakers or cups
hydrogen peroxide solution (from Lab 4)
yeast (from Lab 4)
Additional materials you MAY need:
sample of fresh meat, about 1 cm cubed in size (unprocessed and uncooked, e.g., liver, steak, fish, or poultry-particularly organs)
sample of fresh vegetable, about 1 cm cubed in size (e.g., potatoes or other root vegetables)
a pen for labeling the beakers or cups
Remember, the goal of this project is for you to evaluate the effect of an acid on enzymatic activity. As part of this assignment, you must identify your source of enzyme and the acid used. As you work though this project, you must also make sure that the following problems/points are addressed:
1. What problem are you asking? Clearly state your hypothesis.
2. Design an experiment. Provide a detailed account of the materials and methods used to conduct the experiment. Also include the methods for data collection and analysis.
3. Conduct the experiment and record your results below. What did you observe? Which samples showed bubbling?
4. Use your knowledge about enzymes to interpret your results. It may be necessary for you to refer to your textbook. What effect does the acid have on the enzyme?
5. Was your hypothesis supported? What is your conclusion?
6. prepare this assignment in paragraph format at least 2 pages in length with all accompanying data (in tables, charts, etc.). You may using headings for each paragraph to indicate which problem you are addressing in that paragraph. Please use good English grammar and spelling.