1. Describe with neat and suitable diagram prismatic compass and also describe principles of compass surveying in detail.
2. Describe with neat and suitable diagram 20m chain and also describe principles of chain surveying in detail.
3. Staff readings given below were observed successively with level, instrument having been shifted after 2nd and 5th readings:
0.870; 1.635; 2.135; 1.280; 2.980
3.125; 0.120; 1.825; 2.765; 2.015
1st reading was taken with staff held upon bench mark of elevation +100.00. Enter the readings in level book and final reduced levels. Apply usual checks. Determine also difference in level between 1st and last points
4. prepare down the needs of good building stone and define significant varieties of Building stones
5. Perpendicular offset given below were taken at 10 meter intervals from Survey line to irregular boundary line:
3.145m, 4.30m, 8.20m, 5.60m,7.60m, 4.2m, 5.6m, 4.3m.
Compute the area enclosed between survey line, the irregular boundary line, and first and last offsets by the application of:
a) Average ordinate method
b) Trapezoidal rule and
c) Simpson’s rule
6. prepare down the various types of cement. Describe the properties and uses in detail.
7. prepare down the various kinds of steel. Describe the properties and uses in detail.