1) Are your conclusion regarding membrane structure and stress valid only for beet cells? describe why or why not?
2) What features of beets make them helpful as experimental models for studying the cellular membranes?
3) Describe why phospholipids encompass a natural tendency to self assemble into a bi-layer. describe why is this biologically significant?
4) Freezing temperatures are frequently used to preserve food. Considering the outcomes of this experiment, which qualities of food are preserved and which are not?
5) Movement of water via membranes has long puzzled scientists. describe why would you not expect water to move simply via a membrane?