1) Prove that maximum discharge of the fluid per unit time through a nozzle occurs when the ratio of fluid pressure at throat to inlet pressure is (2/n+1) n/n-1, where ‘n’ refers to the index of adiabatic expansion
2) A freon 12 compressor 15cm diameter, 15cm stroke four cylinder single stage running at 970rpm is working -100Cand 300C. Determine out the cooling capacity of the plant and power required by the electric motor driving the compressor. Suppose that the vapour leaves the evaporator dry and saturated. Volumetric efficiency of the compressor is 75%. Mechanical efficiency of the compressor is 95%. Draw the T-s diagram of the plant.
3) Describe the working of vapour absorption refrigeration system.
4) In the winter air conditioning system 100m3 of air per minute at 15oC dry bulb temperature and 80% RH heated until its dry bulb temperature is 22oC. Compute the heat added to the air per minute.
5) prepare a brief notes on the following given topic:
a) Air conditioning distribution systems
b) Air washer
c) Air conditioning controls.