1) Describe the working of 4-stroke SI engine with the help of suitable schematic and pressure-crank angle diagrams.
2) Describe any two indirect-injection (IDI) combustion chambers used in CI engines in detail.
3) Describe the performance characteristics of multi-cylinder SI engine at wide open throttle condition in detail.
4) Single-stage double acting air compressor running at 300 rpm has free air delivery (FAD) of 14 m3/min measured at 1.013 bar and 15oC. Delivery pressure is 7 bar. Clearance volume is 5% of swept volume and the index for compression and expansion is 1.3. Determine the swept volume of the cylinder, delivery temperature and indicated power.
5) Describe the flow through a convergent-divergent nozzle with varying back pressures in detail.
6) Describe a vapor compression refrigeration cycle with the help of p-h and schematic diagrams.
7) Describe briefly the Linde-Hampson system for liquefaction of air.
8) Room is to be maintained at 21oC and 55% RH by supplying saturated air at 2oC. Air is heated and then water at 10oC is sprayed in to give needed humidity. Total pressure is constant at 1.013 bar and fan power can be neglected. Evaluate the temperature to which the air should be heated and the mass of spray water required per m3 of air at room conditions.
9) prepare down the difference between window AC and split AC? Describe a window air-conditioner with an neat and suitable sketch?