1) Describe the various phenomenon taking place in turn on and turn off of a diode with their switching characteristics.
2) Describe the construction and characteristics of the power BJT and describe the basic gain mechanism in it in detail.
3) What do you understand by model of the switching device? Design the static model of BJT and thyristor and give explanation for the same.
4) Design the characteristics of MOSFET and describe their operation in detail. Describe how MOSFET is appropriate for a switch operation.
5) Describe the turn on and turn off mechanism in IGBT with the help of corresponding switching characteristics.
6) prepare down the different protection circuits employed for power semiconductor switches. prepare down their need and operation.
7) What is meant by a snubber? From the basics, describe the design of turn on and turn of snubber for a MOSFET switch in detail.
8) prepare down the reasons for controlling semiconductor device temperatures? Describe in detail. What is meant by thermal resistance and how is it used to determine the junction temperature of semiconductor devices with heat sink?
9) Design and describe the base drive circuit with opto-coupler isolation and transformer isolation.