1)(a) Implement the following expression. Suppose that only true values are available. Use two level AND – OR implementation.
Y = (AB + A’B’) (CD’ + C’D)
(b) Transform the given hexadecimal numbers to decimal.
(i) A8516 ii) E516 iii) B2F816
2)(a) Implement the following expressions with logic gates.
i) Y = AB + BCD + EFGH
ii) Y = (a + B) (C + D + E)
(b) Describe the procedure for converting binary to gray code number and vice-versa. Give appropriate ex.
3) Simplify the following functions by using K – Map:-
(i) F(W,X,Y,Z) = WXY + X’Z’ + W’ XZ, in SOP form.
(ii) F(A,B,C,D) = Σd (2,4,10) in the POS form..
4) Implement the following two Boolean functions with PLA.
F1(A,B,C) = Σ(0,1,2,4)
F2(A,B,C) = Σ(0,5,6,7)
5)(a) Implement the following function by using multiplexer.
F(A,B,C,D) = Σ(0,1,3,4,8,9,15)
(b) Draw and realize a binary parallel adder to add two 4-bit binary numbers.
6) (a) Draw a BCD to Excess-3 code converted with a BCD – to – decimal decoder and OR gates.
(b) Create a 5 x 32 decoder with four 3 x 8 decoders and a 2 x 4 decoder. Use block diagrams.
7)(a) prepare down the various kinds of hazards? Describe in detail.
(b) Draw a 4-bit asynchronous converter by using JK Flip Flops.
8)(a) Draw a synchronous counter with states 0,1,2,3,0,1. Use JK flip flops.
(b) Describe the meaning of state assignment and state reduction.
9) Compare the construction and performance of RTL, TTL & HTL families.
10) Describe the construction and working operation of a 4 x 4 RAM with a block diagram and timing diagram.