1) Illustrate the circuit diagram and related waveforms of the input voltage, armature voltage and current waveforms for the single phase full converter drive.
2) Illustrate the Speed –torque of DC shunt motor. Describe how speed control is attained by using the dual converter drive.
3) Differentiate between the semi converter and full converter drive on the basis of the quadrant operation, power flow, input power factor and braking.
4) Sketch the circuit of 3 phase semi converter DC drive and describe some of its operation.
5) describe the need and concept of the drive dual converter with help of the circuit diagram.
6) Describe the principle of power control in the chopper controlled DC motor.
7) Name the chopper appropriate for the regenerative reversible drive and sketch its circuit diagram.
8) prepare some of the comparisons between the AC drive and DC drive on basis of the cost, power to weight ratio, commutation and size of the drive.
9) Design the basic circuit of the chopper and describe some of its operation.
10) prepare differences between two and four quadrant chopper on basis of circuit diagram and application.
11) Discuss the step up chopper drive for the DC series motor.
12) Specify the control strategies of the chopper and describe any one of them.