1) Describe the constructional details of DC generator with the help of neat sketch?
2) a) Deduce the condition for maximum efficiency of the DC generator.
b) Describe the losses occurring within the DC generators in detail.
3) Develop a neat sketch of the 3 point starter of a DC shunt motor and describe how the motor is protected against the overload and failure of supply voltage.
4) Describe the swinburne’s test on a DC machine with the help of a suitable diagram and also steps involved in estimating efficiency of machine when running as
5) The primary and secondary windings of the 30KVA, 6000/230V, transformer have the resistance of 10Ω and 0.016Ω respectively. The total reactance of transformer referred to the primary is 23 Ω. Determine the % regulation of transformer when supplying full load current ata pf of 0.8 lagging.
6) Describe the phasor diagram of the transformer for a leading power factor hence derive an expression for voltage regulation.
7) Deduce the equation for the saving of copper of an autotransformer
8) Describe the 3 phase to 2 phase transformer conversion
9) Deduce the E.M.F equation of a PMBL DC motor.
10) Describe the different power controllers in detail.