1) Define and describe about Model or Similarity Laws in detail. prepare down the importance of dimensionless numbers?
2) Deduce Hagen-Poiseuille equation and prepare down assumptions made.
3) Oil of viscosity of poise and specific gravity 0.9 is flowing through a horizontal pipe of 600 mm diameter. If pressure drops in 100 mm length of the pipe is 1800 KN/m2. Find out:
i) Rate of flow of oil
ii) Centerline velocity
iii) Total frictional drag
iv) Power required maintaining the flow.
4) Describe the construction and working principle of Impulse Turbine. Find the Work done and efficiency of the Pelton wheel.
5) Centrifugal pump running at 800 rpm is working against total head of 20.2 m. External diameter of impeller is 480 mm and outlet width is 60 mm. If vanes angle at outlet is 400and manometric efficiency is 70 percent,
i) Flow velocity at outlet
ii) Absolute velocity of water leaving the vane
iii) Angle made by absolute velocity at outlet with direction of motion at outlet and
iv) Rate of flow through a pipe.