1) Describe the vector addition of concurrent forces in the plane in detail.
2) What is meant by dry friction? Describe about dry friction and problems involved in dry friction.
3) Describe the moment of force about an axis and torque in detail.
4) prepare brief notes on:
(a) Beams and Frames.
(b) Types of equilibrium
5) Deduce an expressions for electrical and thermal conductivity based on Drude and Lorentz theory.
6)(a) Describe the construction and working of LCD in detail.
(b) prepare down the differences between LED and LCD.
7) Describe magnetic principles involved in floppy disk and magnetic bubble memory in detail.
8) prepare brief notes on:
(a) BCS theory
(b) High temperature superconductors
9) Describe the construction and working of CO2 laser with suitable energy level diagram.
10) Describe how and for what purpose laser is used in CD-ROMs and 3D profiling in detail.