1) Describe terms synchronous, baud rate, parity, half and full duplex transmission.
2) Describe how data bits are transmitted in an asynchronous format, and compute the delay needed between two successive bits for a given baud.
3) Describe the block diagram and functions of each block of the 8251 USART (Programmable Communication Interface).
4) prepare a brief note on the following: a) machine cycle b) instruction cycle c) execute cycle d) Vectored interrupt
5) Interface a 8K RAM consecutively with microprocessor 8085, starting with ROM interfacing at address 8000 H.
6) Describe Addressing modes, Data formats in detail with suitable exs.
7) describe a scheme to demultiplex multiplexed AD0-AD7 bus of 8085CPU.
8) Set up the 8255 I/O ports in the simple I/O and Bit Set/Reset(BSR) mode.
9) Describe the process of Direct Memory Access (DMA) and functions of different elements of the 8237.
10) Describe the procedure of interfacing the temperature monitoring system with 8085.