1) Define Thenvenin’s theorem, demonstrate the application of the theorem with reference to the suitable electric network.
2) Describe constant current and constant voltage method of charging a battery. Which method is employed commercially and why?
3) State and describe Faradays law of electromagnetic induction.
4) Illustrate that the form factor of the sinusoidal wave form is 1.11
5) A coil of resistance 15 ohm and inductance 0.05H is connected in parallel with a non-inductive resistance of 20 ohm. Determine
i. Current in each branch of the circuit
ii. Total current supplied
iii. Phase angle and p.f. of combination with a voltage of 200 volt at 50Hz is applied
iv. Power consumed in the circuit.
6)a) What do you understand by real power, reactive power and apparent power?
b. Three 100? resistors are connected first in star and then in delta across 415 v, 3 phase supply. Compute the line and phase current in each and also power taken from the source.