1) Deduce an expression for calculating the modulation index of the AM.
2) Prove that AM wave consist of the two side bands and carriers.
3) The antenna current of the amplitude modulated transmitter is 8A when only carrier is transmitted but increases to 9A when carrier is modulated by 1 sine wave. Determine percent modulation. Also determine the total antenna current if modulation index is altered to 0.9
4) Describe the calculation of modulation index within the trapezoid method.
5) Deduce the relation of power in the AM.
6) A 10 kW carrier wave is amplitude modulated at 80% depth of modulation by sinusoidal modulating wave. Determine the sideband power, total power and the transmission efficiency of the AM wave.
7) describe the pre-emphasis and de-emphasis.
8) describe the FM transmitter that is used for FM generation with the help of diagram.
9) Deduce the expression for FM.
10) Describe the generation of FM signal by using the reactance modulator method.
11) describe narrow band and wide band FM with the help of suitable diagram.
12) prepare some of the comparisons of FM and AM.
13) If FM have the highest modulating frequency 2.5 kHz and maximum frequency deviation 5 kHz. Then determine the bandwidth for modulation index.
b) By using the carson’s rule for bandwidth find out for the same.