2. Beginning with fertilization, describe the main stages of animal development. Give a brief, simplified description of each stage.
3. Describe the process of natural selection in detail
4. How did Gregor Mendel control breeding in the pea plants he used for his experiments?
5. Briefly describe the three kinds of natural selection: directional, stabilizing, and disruptive.
6. describe the difference between ionic and covalent bonds.
7. In your own words, define cell. What are the two main tenets of cell theory?
8. What's the difference between protostomes and deuterostomes? Among living organisms, name at least one phylum ex of each of these.
9. Briefly describe the functions of sensory neurons, interneurons, and motor neurons in the nervous system.
10. In the context of the science of ecology and the concept of niche specialization, briefly describe the competitive exclusion principle and resource portioning.