1) Are your conclusion about membrane structure and stress valid only for beet cells? Why or why not?
2) What characteristics of beets make them useful as experimental models for studying cellular membranes?
3) describe why phospholipids have a natural tendency to self assemble into a bilayer. Why is this biologically important?
4) Freezing temperatures are often used to preserve food. considering the results of this experiment, which qualities of food are preserved and which are not?
5) Movement of water through membranes has long puzzled scientists. Why would you not expect water to move easily through a membrane?