Scenario: A Power Point presentation and a short report relating to the capabilities of Solidworks Motion Manager are required on. This presentation is expected to provide the analysis of the simple mechanism shown below. The standard of this presentation will be expected to be of the quality as if you would have to make a presentation to your management at work, convincing them to buy the software.
• Work in a team of two students
• Design the parts using SolidWorks
• Assemble parts
• Tools- Add-ins- Motion Manager
• Analyse the linkage and produce an AVI movie.
• Verify your results by mathematical computation (long hand)
• Create a professional Power Point Presentation, showing your findings
• Your mark will depend on the degree of difficulty of your design, the validity of your results, and the quality of your presentation.
Please submit PPT presentation through AUTOnline and the report on A4 paper.
Model and analyse the slotted pin linkage below. Assume all width of the parts to be 20mm, depth 5mm, pin and slot to be 1Omm and the fixing pins to be 8mm diameter.
• The pin A of the hinged link is confined to move in the rotating slot of link 00. The angular velocity of OD is 2rad/sec clockwise and is constant for the interval of motion concerned.
• For the position shown, where 00 = 45° and AC = horizontal, determine the velocity of pin A, and the angular acceleration of AC.