1) Why is it significant to smear the blood as soon as the drop is placed on the slide?
2) Name the three factors which find out the thickness of the smear.
3) If the patient's hematocrit is increased, describe how would you adjust your slide preparation methods?
4) If the patient's hematocrit is reduced, how would you adjust your slide preparation techniques?
5) List five common causes of a poorly prepared blood smear.
6) describe how you would correct your blood smear preparation if your patient has cold agglutinins.
7) List the three components of the Wright smear and point out their purposes.
8) In a poorly prepared smear where do larger white blood cells accumulate? Where do lymphocytes accumulate?
9) List three features of a well-prepared smear.
10) Name the 3 kinds of blood smear which can be performed in the c