Attempt all the problems in about 500 words each. The assignment is divided into two Sections ‘A’ and ‘B’
1. ‘Renaissance created conditions for emergence of a secular ideology and humanism’ Describe.
2. Discuss in brief Liberal and Marxist views on nature and functions of the state.
3. In what ways modernization has brought changes in society?
4. What do you understand by the term de-colonization? Analyze the differences between approaches of France and England towards de-colonization.
5. prepare short notes on the following:
(ii) Marx’s views on Capitalism
(iii) The New Economic Policy
(iv) Imperialism and Colonialism.
6. prepare the note on critical issues in international relations in the end of the 20th century.
7. Analyze changes in communication and medicine in 20th century Europe.
8. How did colonization affect ecological systems? Is development possible without disturbing environment?
9. Describe the relationships between demography and socio-economic change.
10. prepare short notes on the following:
(i) Nation and Nation-State
(ii) The Decembrist Uprising
(iii) The Guerrilla War
(iv) Counter-Insurgency by state.