1) A 100N force acts at a origin in the direction defined by angles θx = 75° and θy = 45°. Find out θz and component of force in Z-direction.
2) prepare down the equations of equilibrium of coplanar system of forces.
3) prepare down the difference between ‘Resultant’ and ‘Equilibrant’.
4) Determine the resultant of the 800N force acting towards eastern direction and the 500N force acting towards north eastern direction.
5) Determine the magnitude of two forces such that if they act at right angles, their resultant is √10 N. But if they act at 60° their resultant is √13 N.
6) Define Varignon’s theorem in detail.
7) What do you mean by a couple? What is a moment of the couple?