Attempt all the problems in about 500 words each. The assignment is divided into two Sections ‘A’ and ‘B’
1. What do you understand by objectivity? Discuss historiographical tradition that believed in the possibility of complete objectivity.
2. prepare a note on Greco-Roman traditions of history-writing.
3. Discuss the significant features of Indo-Persian tradition of history-writing under Mughal rule.
4. What is ‘microhistory’? Discuss historians and their works related to this tradition of history-writing.
5. Who are considered to be founders of the Annales School of historiography? Discuss their works.
6. Discuss the features of feminist historiography in India.
7. prepare a note on basic constituents of communalist view of Indian history.
8. What do you understand by ‘History from Below’? Discuss with particular reference to Indian historiography.
9. prepare the note on post-War Marxist historiography in the West.
10. prepare short notes on the following:
a) Kalhana and the Rajtarangini
c) D.D. Kosambi and Indian historiography
d) Colonial perception of caste.