Attempt all the problems in about 500 words each. The assignment is divided into two Sections ‘A’ and ‘B’
1. Critically examine factors which determined the agrarian environment of the Indian subcontinent.
2. prepare a short note on economy of the Satavahana empire.
3. Define agrahara and Brahmadeya grants. To what extent agrahara and Brahmadeya grants helped in the agrarian expansion.
4. Discuss main features of feudalism. To what extent European model of feudalism is significant in the Indian context.
5. How was craft production organised during the medieval period?
6. Give a historiographical assessment of the Oceanic trade at the time of medieval period.
7. What is commercialization? What role did militarism play in commercialization at the time of colonial period?
8. What were the limitations of the data in the colonial censuses? Examine the problem of population growth in the colonial period.
9. Critically analyse Morris D. Morris' argument that there was 'not much direct evidence of the decline of India's traditional industries'.
10. prepare short notes on the following:
ii) Nature of extraction of revenue resources of the Mauryas and the Rumindei inscription
iii) The crisis of economic dirigisme of the 1970s
iv) Indian response towards Modern science and technology in the colonial period