Attempt all the problems. The assignment is divided into two Sections ‘A’ and ‘B’. Each answer should be about 500 words.
1. prepare the significant note on the Rankean tradition of history-writing.
2. Discuss the important features of Indo-Persian tradition of history-writing during the Mughal period.
3. Who are considered to be the founders of Annales School of historiography? Discuss their works.
4. What do you understand by the term ‘microhistory’? Discuss historians and their works related to this tradition of history-writing.
5. What is causation? Discuss method followed in history for establishing the causality.
6. What is postmodernism? Discuss postmodernist views on history.
7. What is colonial historiography? Discuss some of the significant historians and their works associated with this trend.
8. What do you understand by ‘subaltern’? Discuss development of the project of the Subaltern Studies in India.
9. Discuss features of feminist historiography in India.
10. prepare brief notes on the following:
a) D.D. Kosambi and Indian historiography
b) Colonial perception of caste
c) Nationalist historiography
d) The Cambridge School.