Answer the following problems in about 500 words each.
Section – A
1. What do you understand by the term Pastoral nomadism? Give a short account of its spread in different regions.
2. Analyse use of copper and bronze in early civilisations. What were its implications?
3. Analyse with illustrations the process of emergence of large empires during ancient period.
4. Give a short account of nature of Kingship and government in North Africa.
5. prepare brief notes on any two of the following in 250 words each:
i) Sources for the study of Pre-history
ii) Sacral Kingship
iii) Conflict of Aristocracy and Peasantry in Greece during classical period
iv) Transition from hunting-gathering to agriculture
Section – B
6. Critically analyse religion in Late Roman Empire and the rise of Christianity.
7. Discuss main business communities and their trading activities during medieval period in India.
8. Outline main advances in science and technology during medieval period. How it affected the society?
9. Critically examine different factors which led to changes in demography in medieval Europe.
10. prepare short notes on the following:
i) Taoism and Confucianism
ii) Lords and Vassals
iii) Organisation of production and Guilds in Europe
iv) Debate on decline of Feudalism in Europe