1) Specify the formula for Reynolds number and describe the terms in brief.
2) Water is running at a velocity of 5cm/s through a pipe of 3cm diameter. Swiftly it enters the pipe having diameter 5cm.Determine the frictional loss because of sudden expansion of the flow area?
3) Determine the critical velocity when water is flowing through the pipe of 10cm diameter?
4) Determine the fanning’s friction factor when water is running through a pipe of 4cm diameter at velocity of 7cm/s.
5) Sketch the velocity profile when fluid is running through a straight pipe. State the relation between U and Umax.
6) Derive the equation of continuity.
7) State the Bernoulli’s equation and describe its terms.
8) Describe the kinetic energy correction that is used in Bernoulli’s equation.
9) Provide the Hagen Poiseuille’s equation and describe its terms.
10) Provide the importance of terms used within the Bernoulli’s equation.
11) Prove that NRe is dimensionless.
12) describe the reason for correcting the fluid friction in Bernoulli’s equation?