1) Specify the several types of the nuclear reactors and discuss any two types with the help of neat diagrams.
2) a) describe why is overall efficiency of the steam power station very low?
b) describe why is the condenser used within the steam power station?
3 ) a) Specify the benefits of the non-conventional energy sources.
b) Design the neat layout of a MHD power plant and Describe some of its operation.
4) Describe the working of the geothermal power generation with the schematic diagram.
5) a) describe the following given terms: Luminous flux, Lamp efficiency, Utilization factor.
b) Describe the Rousseau’s construction for determining the M.S.C.P of a lamp.
6) Describe the principle of the operation of a sodium vapour lamp with neat diagram. Specify some of its use.
7) describe the construction and working of the three phase arc furnace. Also describe the demerits and merits of the direct electric arc furnace.
8) Describe the principle of working of an arc welding with sketch and evaluate its benefits and drawbacks as a source oflight.
9) Design the typical speed-time curves for the train movement and from these derive a simplified speed-time curve.
10) prepare a brief notes on the following:
a) Factors that are affecting the selection of motors for a particular application.