Attempt all the problems in about 500 words each. The assignment is divided into two Sections ‘A’ and ‘B’
1. Discuss transition form pre-state in early North India.
2. Analyse nature of state formation under the Rajputs in the early medieval period.
3. Describe nature of early medieval polities in peninsular India between 8th-12th centuries A.D.
4. Critically examine different interpretations regarding the nature of Mughal state.
5. Give a short account of the process which led to the emergence and consolidation of 18th century polities.
6. Critically examine 18th century debate.
7. Discuss working of the Mansab and Jagir system under the Mughals.
8. describe the central, provincial and local administration under the Delhi Sultanate
9. prepare the note on administration system of the Cholas.
10. prepare short-notes on the following:
i) Colonial forest policy