describe grammar usage
1.Which one of the following sentences would you most likely find in a process essay?
A. Lack of discipline in early years can create teens that have no sense of purpose.
B. First, gather all the materials listed under "Supplies."
C. He walked into the room, holding the package as if it contained fragile glassware.
D. The day began when John announced his plans to become engaged.
2. Which one of the following sentences uses pronouns correctly?
A. Please give Paul and I your undivided attention.
B. Jacob and me are going to set a meeting date.
C. Carol told Sylvia and he the good news..
D. Send the package to Tanya and him
3. The following options are short excerpts from a topic outline. Which one uses parallel construction in the subpoints?
1. Traveling through Europe
2. Earning a degree
3. To start my own business
B. A. Goals
1. Building my own log cabin in Vermont
2. I want to visit every major league baseball stadium
3. Inventing something useful
C. A. Goals
1. To do more volunteer work
2. To read a book every month
3. To learn how to play an instrument
D. A. Goals
1. I want to keep my room neat.
2. I plan to save enough money for a car.
3. To pay off all my credit card bills
4. In which one of the following sentences is the subject-verb agreement correct?
A. The sound of the waves are drowning out their cries for help.
B. Either Jim or I am going to the convention.
C. Neither Carol nor her children is coming to the reunion.
D. There is too many people to fit into this small room.
5. In which one of the following sentences is the possessive used correctly?
A. The boy's basketball team plays every Friday, but the girls play everyother Thursday.
B. Their's is the first bus to arrive at school every morning.
C. The childrens' activity period lasts 15 minutes.
D. Carl's and Sara's schoolbooks are on the kitchen table.
6. Which one of the following sentences incorrectly uses a comma?
A. We had to decide among steak, lobster, and pork roast.
B. Before we could enter the building, we had to show our identification badges.
C. The car that was used as a demonstration in the race, is owned byCambridge Motor Company.
D. The tree, which has been part of the community for more than 75 years, wasstruck by lightning.