1) Draw a short square column to carry the axial load of 1600kn. Use M20 concrete and 415 steel.
2) Draw a short circular axially loaded column with spiral reinforcement to carry a load of 1000 kn using M20 concrete and Fe 415 steel.
3) Hall of 12mΧ6m in the site is to be covered by RC slab and beams. Beam rests upon 600mm walls. The live load on the slab is 3kN/m2. Suppose 120mm thick slab design central T-beam. Spacing of T-beam is 3m C/C. Use M20 concrete and torsion steel.
4) Internal dimensions of the library room with 300mm walls on four sides are 4mΧ5m. Draw appropriate floor to span in two directions. Suppose the cornesses are held down. Live load on the slab is 4000N/m2 concrete and Fe 415 steel.
5) Difference in floor levels in a two storeyed building is 3.6m. If the plan space of 2.4m Χ 4.6m is available for provision of stair case, draw a appropriate RCC dog-legged staircase.
6) Cantilever type retaining walls has the 5.5m tall stem. It retains earth level with its top. Soil weights 19kN/m3 and has the angle of repose of 30°. The SBC of soil is 200 kN/m2. The coefficient of friction between the base slab and the soil is 0.6. Design the wall. Use M20 concrete and Fe 415 steel.
7)(a) Rectangular column 400mmΧ600mm carries the axial load of 700KN. Draw a rectangular footing of uniform thickness, if safe bearing capacity of soil is 100 KN/m2. Use m20 and Fe 250.
(b)(i) prepare detailed note on pile and its types.
(ii) Describe group of piles and pile caps in detail.