1) Deduce the electrostatic deflection sensitivity of the cathode ray tube. Describe the electrostatic deflection process in detail.
2) Describe parallel and perpendicular electric and magnetic fields with appropriate diagrams.
3) Design the energy band diagram of a PN diode and describe the working of a diode. describe the space charge capacitance and diffusion capacitance of a PN diode.
4) Describe the applications of P-N diode with respect to clipping, clamping and voltage multiplication in detail.
5) Describe the CE configuration of a npn transistor in detail. Discuss the input and output characteristics of the same.
6) Discuss the construction, circuit symbol and principle of operation of a pnp and npn transistor. Indicate the flow of holes and electrons with respect to forward bias in each case.
7) Discuss the construction, operation and characteristics of n-channel enhancement type MOSFET.
8) Describe the construction of a n-channel JFET with a neat sketch and describe the four regions within the output characteristics. Sketch the depletion region before and after pinch off.
9) describe the construction, operation and characteristics of the UJT with a neat diagram. Compare and contrast UJT and conventional bipolar transistor.
10) prepare a brief notes on the following:
a) Photo diode
b) Photo transistor
c) Light emitting diode
d) Liquid crystal display.