Answer the following problems in about 500 words each.
Section – A
1.Discuss main trends in colonial histriography. Give Marxist interpretation of the colonial viewpoint.
2. What was the nature of foreign trade at the time BC 300 to 300 AD. In what ways did the pattern of trade differ between the Deccan and the Tamilkam.
3. What was the composition of rural masses engaged in the agricultural production in post-Gupta north India?
4. State the importance of pastoral and forest products in the medieval economy.
5. Discuss everyday forms of peasant resistance in Mughal India.
6. Examine growth of business practices in medieval period. To what extent were the joint venture enterprises successful in the medieval period?
7. Analyse changing pattern of India’s trade during second half of the 19th century.
8. What was the impact of colonial interventions on tribal economy?
9. Describe ‘re-industrialisation’ in Indian context. What was the pattern of growth of Indian small scale industries during late 19th and early twentieth centuries?
10. prepare short notes on the following.
i) Plinny’s account on Pepper
ii) Brahmadeya grants
iv) Early Census