Answer the following problems in about 500 words each.
Section – A
1. Describe process of transition from pre-state to state in the early period in North India.
2. Describe the nature of state formation under the Rajputs?
3. Discuss the a variety of interpretations regarding nature of Mughal state.
4. Give a short account of the major features of Princely states. What was there position in the context of colonial state?
5. describe the nature of polities from 2nd century B.C to 3rd century A.D.
Section – B
6. Briefly describe the administrative system of the Cholas.
7. Describe the working of central provincial and local administration under Delhi Sultanate.
8. Critically discuss land revenue settlements introduced by colonial state?
9. Discuss the development of New Subedari- Awadh in the 18th century.
10. prepare short notes on the following :
i) Kingdom of Malwa in the 15th century
ii) Judicial system in ancient India