1) What is meant by metallurgical coke? describe the Otto-Hoffman by product method in detail.
2) Describe how synthetic petrol is attained by Bergius Process in detail.
3) Describe how synthetic petrol is attained by Fisher Tropsch’s method in detail.
4) Describe how producer gas is manufactured? prepare down its composition and uses.
5) What is meant by water gas? Describe how it is manufactured? prepare down the chemical reactions taking place in various zones.
6) Compute the amount of minimum air required for complete combustion of 2 kg of coal sample with carbon – 80%, Hydrogen – 5%, Oxygen – 1%, Nitrogen – 2% and Ash – 12%.
7) Compute the gross and net calorific value of coal having compositions given below:
Carbon – 85%, Hydrogen – 8%, Sulphur – 1%, Nitrogen – 2% and Ash – 4% (8).
8) Describe how flue gas analysis is carried out? Describe with neat and suitable diagram.