1) Describe the important features of stiochiometry of growth in which there is no product formation, by using elemental balance and other relevant data.
2) If material has heat capacity expressed by Cp = 0.4 + 0.2 T (kJ/kg K) and T is in Kelvin, compute the heat need to raise temperature from 30°C to 70°C for 100 kg of material.
3) Describe various kinds of impellers and flow patterns generated for liquid agitation.
4) Describe three various methods of measuring viscosity of liquids.
5) Describe why heat transfer coefficient concept is introduced in convection in detail.
6) Describe the working of 1 – 1 shell and tube heat exchanger in detail.
7) Describe 2 film theory in mass transfer and deduce 1/Kg = 1/kg + m/K1.
8) Describe the factors which influence the transfer of Oxygen in the slurry reactor.
9) Describe how will you evaluate rate constant for the first order reaction – rA = k.CA. in the isothermal batch reactor.
10) For a second order reaction 2A → Production how will you evaluate rate constant by using half-life method.