1) Deduce the equation relating pressure and height, in the static fluid and therefore deduce the barometric equation.
2) Deduce the expression for pressure difference in case of the u tube manometer.
3) Manometer inclined at an angle of 30° to ground is used to measure pressure drop across the airflow line. If liquid level in the inclined limb is 3.21cm above liquid level in the vertical limb, estimate the pressure drop in line. Water is used as manometric fluid. Density of water is 1 g/cm3; density of air is 1.2 x 10-3g/cm3.
4) Illustrate that velocity distribution with respect to radius under Laminar flow for a Newtonian fluid is a parabola.
5) Deduce continuity equation for one-dimensional fluid flow.
6) Pipeline of 120mm diameter carries water at a rate of 30 lit/sec. Viscosity of water is 0.012poise and friction factor is 0.0054. Determine the pressure drop over the length of 100m.