1. Deduce and expression for the air standard efficiency of Otto cycle in terms of volume ratio.
2. Deduce the expression for air standard efficiency of Diesel cycle. .
3. Deduce the expression for air standard efficiency of Dual cycle.
4. Describe the working of four stroke cycle Diesel engine. Sketch the theoretical and actual PV diagram.
5. Deduce an expression for air standard efficiency of Brayton cycle in terms of pressure ratio.
6. Dual combustion air standard cycle has the compression ratio of 10. Constant pressure part of combustion takes place at 40 bar. Highest and lowest temperature of cycle are 1725 degree C and 270C respectively. Pressure at beginning of compression is 1 bar. Compute (I) the pressure and temperature at key points of the cycle. (ii) The heat supplied at constant volume, (iii) the heat supplied at constant pressure. (Iv) The heat rejected. (v) the work output. (vi) the efficiency and (vii) mep.
7. The Engine-working on Otto cycle has the volume of 0.45m3, pressure 1 bar and temperature 30oC at the beginning of compression stroke. At the end of compression stroke, pressure is 11 bar and 210 KJ of heat is added at constant volume. Find out (i) Pressure, temperature and volumes at salient points in the cycle.' (ii) Efficiency.