1) prepare in detail about different techniques used in cell number density determination
2) Compute the productivity (i.e., DP) of a chemostat under the following conditions:
i) Suppose Monod kinetics applies.
ii) Suppose the Luedeking – piret equation for product formation (qp=αµg+β) applies
iii) Suppose steady state:
D = 0.8µm YMX/S =0.5g X/g S µm =1.0 h-1
S0 =1000 mg/L α = 0.4 mg P/g X β =0.5 h-1 mg P/g X
Ks =10 mg/L.
3) For an ideal chemostat, prove that: 1/YAPX/S = 1/YMX/S + ms/D.
4) Describe the unstructured model for microbial growth
5) Discuss about the bioreactor considerations for suspension culture of plant cells.