Attempt all the problems in about 500 words each. The assignment is divided into two Sections ‘A’ and ‘B’
1. prepare the essay on interface of nationalism and colonial modernity.
2. describe the trajectory of Muslim thought in colonial India.
3. Compare and contrast Moderate and the Extremist factions of the Indian Nationlists.
4. Discuss either Swami Vivekananda’s or Sri Aurobindo’s views on Nationalism.
5. Examine political ideas of MS Golwalkar.
prepare brief notes on the following:
6. a) Political activities of Mohammad Iqbal
b) Jaipal Singh and Adivasi identity
7. a) Bhai Kahn Singh Nabha and the Sikh problem
b) Gandhi’s views on the relationship between religion and politics
8. a) Nehru on Scientific Humanism
b) Nehru’s views on Socialism
9. a) Rabindranath Tagore on Bolshevism
b) Evolution of the Communist Movement in India
10. a) EMS Namboodiripad on national unity
b) Jayaprakash Narayan on Socialism