Attempt all the problems in about 500 words each. The assignment is divided into two Sections ‘A’ and ‘B’
1. Comment on nature of interpretation in history writing. Should historical problems be discussed with the open mind?
2. Discuss archaeological evidence for early food producing villages and Camp sites. What light does this throw on nature of this society?
3. Elaborate on structure and function of guilds between 6th century B.C. and 4th century A.D.
4. Comment on problematic of the concept of ‘tribe’ in the context of chaityas and viharas.
5. Discuss the debates on the term ‘early medieval’
6. Discuss B.D. Chattopadhya’s arguments on the early Rajputs.
7. Comment on ideological roots of the nationalists’ perceptions of the Indian society.
8. Discuss non-Brahman movement in the 19th century in the context of an emerging modernity.
9. Comment on rise of the Indian middle classes at the time colonial period.
10. How did different Criminal Tribes Acts affect wandering and the nomadic groups?