1) Describe the working of 4-stroke cycle Diesel engine. Sketch the theoretical and actual valve- timing diagram for engine. Describe the reasons for the difference in detail.
2) Air enters compressor of a gas turbine at 100 KPa and 25oC. For the pressure ratio of 5 and a maximum temperature of 850°C. Find out the thermal efficiency by using Brayton cycle.
3) The data given in referred for the air standard diesel cycle compression ratio = 15 heat added= 200 Kj/Kg- minimum temperature in the cycle = 25°C Suction pressure = 1 bar Compute:
1. Pressure and temperature at the Salient point.
2. Thermal efficiency
3. Mean effective pressure,
4. Power output of the cycle If flow rate 'of air is 2 Kg/s
4) Describe the terms as applied to reciprocating I.C. engines "Mean effective pressure" and "Compression ratio".
5) What do you mean by highest useful compression ratio?
6) prepare down the kinds of piston rings?
7) Describe the use of connecting rod in detail.
8) Describe the use of flywheel in detail.